Brandhoek Military Cemetery

From Mining Mud & Medals
Jump to: navigation, search

Background

Brandhoek, between Ypres and Poperinghe, was considered relatively safe from shell fire and in May 1915 the Brandhoek Military Cemetery was begun in a field adjoining a dressing station. It was used until July 1917 when the arrival of three Australian Casualty Clearing Stations were estabilshed in anticipation for an allied offensive. This prompted the opening of the Brandhoek New Military Cemetery. [1]

Burials of Soldiers Associated with the Ballarat Electorate

Frederick John Grove

Also See

Poperinghe

War Graves

Ypres

References

  1. The Ypres Salient, Commonwealth War Graves Commission, c2014,